For Students, Faculty and Staff:Windows (through Windows 10, Server 2008 through 2019)
- VMware Player: User-Friendly Virtualization Host for Windows-based computers. Runs all Windows flavors, Linux, etc.
- VMware Workstation: Virtualization Host for Windows/Linux based computers. Guest operating systems include all Windows flavors, Linux, etc. Allows for nested virtualization (i.e. HyperV, ESXi) inside the virtual host. Adds additional controls to VMware Player such as networking control, editable VM settings, snapshotting, cloning, etc.
- VMware Fusion: Virtualization Host for OSX based computers. Runs all Windows flavors, Linux, etc. Includes snapshotting and autoprotect capabilities.
- VMware Workstation: Virtualization Host for Windows/Linux based computers. See the features above.
- VMware eLearning: Self-paced learning materials on VMware products.
Additional titles available to Faculty and Staff:
- VMware vCenter Server Standard
- VMware vCloud Director
- VMware vSphere
- VMware vSphere ESXi Server
- Lab Versions of most titles are available. Please send a note to askIT@udel.edu requesting a lab install with:
- Title and version requested
- Location (building and room)
- Number of seats
*NOTE: The license granted for this software specifically excludes administrative and/or IT usage of VMware products supplied under this agreement. Please see EULA for details.
To download, please click here to authenticate