This software is available in Remote Computer Labs, which can be used through your web browser. Please click "Apply Existing License" when running SPSS in Remote Computer Lab for the first time. The software may be used for faculty and student classwork, but may not be used for research. Visit the Remote Computer Labs support site for details on accessing this service
For Faculty & Staff
OverviewThe University of Delaware licenses IBM SPSS Statistics Premium and IBM SPSS Amos. Annual licenses may be purchased through the online web form Request for Services - IT Software Licenses. Licenses run July 1st through June 30th and the cost per license is the same throughout the year, regardless of when purchased. This means that no partial-year credit or pro-rating of the fee is available.
The current version of IBM SPSS Statistics Premium is v220.127.116.11.
The current version of IBM SPSS Amos is v29.0.
- You may purchase IBM SPSS licenses for UD departmental, faculty and staff systems. The licenses must be installed on UD-owned or maintained systems, or systems personally owned by UD faculty, post-docs and staff.
- Students, including those hired as graduate teaching assistants or graduate research assistants are not eligible to license these copies for their personally-owned systems. Students must purchase or lease copies for their personally owned systems directly from software resellers (e.g., http://www.onthehub.com/spss/).
- When you leave the University, you must remove your copy of the software from your personally owned computer, or replace it with IBM SPSS Statistics commercial version. If you have questions about eligibility/licensing for this program, contact the IT Support Center at 831-6000.
- You may download and install IBM SPSS Statistics if you have already purchased an annual license from UD's Information Technologies.
The following packages are available:
- SPSS Statistics Premium: This edition includes the Statistics Base, Data Preparation, Bootstrapping, Advanced Statistics, Regression, Custom Tables, Missing Values, Categories, Forecasting, Decision Trees, Neural Networks, Direct Marketing, Complex Samples, Conjoint, and Exact Tests modules.
- SPSS Amos: a module that enables you to specify, estimate, assess and present models to show hypothesized relationships among variables
- Individual license codes are sent to the licensee-of-record when an order is placed through the online form Request for Service - IT Software Licenses. The downloadable installation instructions below describe the proper choices to make during the installation process.
Renewing your SPSS LicenseIf your SPSS license is about to expire or has expired you must enter a new license code (after purchase, see above) by running the IBM SPSS Statistics License Activation Wizard. Follow the instructions here: Using the SPSS License Activation Wizard.
Installation and updates
IBM SPSS Statistics Premium:
- Uninstall previous versions of IBM SPSS Statistics
- Windows: Go to Apps & features, in Settings. Click on IBM SPSS app and then choose Uninstall.
- Mac: Detailed instructions here.
- Be patient: There may be a significant lag between running the installer and the initial installation pages and SPSS may load slowly.
- Select Authorized User License for single use codes.
- Enter the Full Name of the Licensee for User Name, and University of Delaware for Organization.
- Locate the email you received containing your IBM SPSS Statistics license authorization codes.
IBM SPSS Amos:
Software and Manuals
Software Downloads are available from the menu in the right column.