- $175 for faculty, staff, and some students** with access to the three products below. Fill out the “Request for Service - IT Software Licenses” webform.
- FREE to the students not using Esri software for grant-funded projects. Must request license file to operate the software. ArcGIS Desktop software license request webform.
ArcGIS Desktop ArcMap is a suite of integrated applications including ArcMap. Using these applications and interfaces in unison, you can perform most GIS tasks involving vector, raster, and tabular data. Version 10.8.1 is the most current and the last version offered by Esri. There are no more updates scheduled for this product.
ArcGIS Pro is the newest and most powerful GIS desktop product offered by Esri. It requires separate licensing. ArcGIS Pro might be licensed with user's ArcGIS Online account (named user authentication) or single-use license. Please submit a webform listed above to request a license.
Note: Minor ArcGIS Pro releases and patches are cumulative. When you install a minor release or patch, the functionality of any minor releases or patches you may have skipped is incorporated. In the classrooms UD will use version 2.9.3 for the 2022-2023 academic year. ArcGIS Pro 2.9 must be installed prior to installing any ArcGIS Pro 2.9 patches. Each patch is cumulative of all previous patch fixes. Therefore, if you already have 2.9 installed then only install 2.9 (Patch 3).
ArcGIS Online is a cloud-based GIS solution offered by Esri. It is accessed with an ArcGIS online account, which is available upon request. Email AskIT@udel.edu to request an ArcGIS Online account.
By downloading ArcGIS Desktop you confirm that you have read and will comply with the following:
- Labs: Esri software is licensed by the number of maximum concurrent seats. Labs should pay for each workstation where the software is installed since all machines may be used simultaneously. Labs will be provided with License Server information - new server is online for 2022-2023 academic year.
- Individuals: An individual who has the software installed on an office machine, a home machine, and a laptop should only pay for one seat but may request two licenses, as long as none of the Esri products are being used simultaneously. All individual users are authorized with a single-use license, which allows ArcGIS Desktop to work independently off network/Internet. License must be renewed annually.
Please contact AskIT@udel.edu for additional clarification.
For Esri data, such as the current Esri Data and Maps, please see our data page.
* Licenses run for an academic year expiring on July 31. The cost per license is the same throughout the year, regardless of when purchased. There is no partial-year credit available.
** for students, only those working on grant-funded projects.