- The University of Delaware allows you to use Virtual Private Network (VPN) client software to log in from off campus to UD resources usually restricted to on-campus use. VPN access is also required for access to certain UD business systems from off-campus or an unsecured wireless network.
- VPN software allows you to establish a secure, point-to-point connection over the Internet, in essence letting you connect to UDelNet as if you were on campus.
- We recommend you use Cisco's AnyConnect VPN client to connect to UD, and have pre-configured versions of AnyConnect for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux systems. AnyConnect is also available for iOS, Android, and Kindle devices.
Windows - Requires administrative access.
- Right-Click on the downloaded file and select "Run as administrator" to run.
- Accept all defaults.
- Double-Click on the AnyConnect.pkg to run the installer.
- Accept all defaults
- Uncompress and unpack the tar file from the downloaded archive.
- The installer needs root privileges, so either log in as root or use the sudo command to run the shell script vpn_install.sh located in the VPN directory to install the AnyConnect VPN client.
iOS and Android Devices
ConfigurationDirections for configuring the VPN software for all operating systems are located in the VPN Software help files.
If you require further assistance, contact your department's or college's IT staff or the IT Support Center.