Our Oracle license agreement allows the software to be installed on University-owned computers only. If you have questions about your eligibility for this program, contact the IT Support Center at 831-6000.
The current version of the product is Oracle 11gR2.
Download and installation instructions:
- Download the Oracle 11gR2 32 Bit Client (win32_11gR2_client.zip).
- Right click the win32_11gR2_client.zip, and choose Extract All from the drop down menu.
- Accept the default extraction location, or click Browse to choose a location of your choice. Leave the Show extracted files when complete box checked. Click Extract.
- After the files have finished extracting, navigate to win32_11gR2_clientclient in the top level extraction folder.
- Run setup.exe. The installer program may take a few minutes to load.
- When prompted, choose the Administrator install radio button, and click Next.
- Click Next on the product language screen, and click Next to accept the default installation location.
- Click Finish.
- During the installation, you may be prompted by the Windows Firewall to allow Java access. Verify that the Private networks check box is checked, and verify the public networks check box is clear. Click Allow access.
- Click Close.