- The University of Delaware licenses SAS for teaching and research purposes only. It may not be used for administrative needs of the University. It is a fairly complete version of SAS and includes unlimited access to SAS Institute's online training courses.
- Requests to purchase annual licenses will be processed through the Request for Services - IT Software Licenses web form. IT staff will then send you licensing and download information.
SAS 9.4 M5 Maintenance Release
A maintenance release for SAS version 9.4 was made available in late September 2017.
- Those who purchased SAS after July 1, 2017 are entitled to this upgrade.
- The download to the full installer is available through the URL provided when you purchased SAS. No separate upgrade package has been made available. There is no need to uninstall existing 9.4 installations, running the standard “setup” program will perform an in-place upgrade.
- Those currently using 9.4 are not required to upgrade, however, some issues are addressed and enhancements have been in place.
- A complete listing of changes can be found here.
- Please be aware that this package is 19 GB and may take a while to download.
- SAS may be used for teaching and research. It may not be used for administrative purposes.
- SAS may be sublicensed by UD departments for faculty, staff and departmental systems.
- The PCs must be UD-owned or maintained, or owned by UD faculty and staff (including post-docs). SAS may also be installed on UD-owned systems used (not owned) by students.
- Students, including those hired as graduate teaching assistants or graduate research assistants are not eligible to sublicense these copies for their personally-owned systems.
You must purchase a license for each installation of the software via the Request for Services - IT Software License web form. After completing this form, you will be emailed information about downloading and installing the software.