- The University of Delaware licenses SAS for teaching and research purposes only. It may not be used for administrative needs of the University. It is a fairly complete version of SAS and includes unlimited access to SAS Institute's online training courses.
- Requests to purchase annual licenses will be processed through the Request for Services - IT Software Licenses web form. IT staff will then send you licensing and download information.
- Licenses run July 1st through June 30th and the cost per license is the same throughout the year, regardless of when purchased. This means that no partial-year credit or pro-rating of the fee is available.
- SAS may be used for teaching and research. It may not be used for administrative purposes.
- SAS may be sublicensed by UD departments for faculty, staff and departmental systems.
If you are uncertain about your eligibility to download or install the software, contact the IT Support Center (email@example.com
When you leave the University, you must remove your copy of the software from your personally owned computer, or replace it with SAS's commercial version.
This is a large download (17GB). Please use a wired (not wireless) connection.
The download may take several hours.
- Uninstall the previous version of SAS if applicable.
- Restart your system.
- Please use a wired Ethernet connection to download. Wireless connections may be problematic with large file downloads.
- Click on SAS 9.4 2020-2021 (Windows 64-bit) in the sidebar to the right
- Extract the downloaded .zip file.
- Double-click the setup.exe application icon.
- Select English as the installation language.
- After a long time (possibly 15 minutes), the SAS Deployment Wizard window will appear.
- In the Select Deployment Task window, select Install SAS software.
- In the Select Deployment Type window, select Install SAS Foundation and Related Software.
- Except as noted below, accept the remainder of all defaults.
- In the Select Products to Install window, we recommend that you select two additional products:
- SAS Power and Sample Size
- If prompted, select the appropriate mode (32 or 64-bit) for SAS Foundation Mode, Enterprise Guide Mode, Default Product for SAS File Types.
- Delete the .zip file downloaded in step 5.
Renewing the license on an existing installation
To start the Renew SAS Software utility on Windows, follow these steps:
- Right-click on SAS 9.4 SID File 2020-2021 in the sidebar to the right and select "Save target as..."or "Save link as..." and save the file to an easily accessible location.
- Go to the Windows Start Menu (bottom left corner with the Windows logo) and scroll down to the SAS folder.
- Right-click on Renew SAS Software and select Run As Administrator.
- If the User Account Control dialog box is displayed, select Allow.
- If prompted for a username and password, enter a username that has administrator rights for your computer.
- Continue by navigating through the SAS renewal dialog boxes to the Specify SAS Installation Data File window, then Browse to the SID File you downloaded in step 1, and accept all the defaults.