The University of Delaware has a campus-wide license for the graphics and data analysis program Origin for Microsoft Windows (32 and 64-bit) systems. The software may be downloaded and used by UD undergraduates, graduate students, faculty and staff for research and instructional purposes only. It may be installed on UD-owned and personally owned systems. By downloading Origin Software, you agree to use the Origin software for instructional and research use only and that you will not distribute Origin to others.
- Download and open Origin2016Sr0No_H.exe
- If prompted, select Run and accept any security warnings. You may need to select Run a second time.
- On the Origin Setup Screen, select Next then Yes to accept the License Agreement.
- Leave Install Product (requires serial number) selected, then select Next.
- Enter Customer Information, type the following information:
- User Name: Your full name.
- Company Name: University of Delaware.
- Serial Number: Copy from download page
- Confirm registration by selecting Next.
- Select the remainder of the default choices, including the one that will start Origin 2016 as Administrator and license it.
- Accept the default choice for User Files Folder or type an alternative.
- In the licensing dialog box, accept the default selection "Get license file online now" and click OK, then OK again.
- A new browser window should open up:
- If you have an OriginLab account, log in.
- If you do not have an OriginLab account, scroll down to select "Create a new account".
- You must register with an @udel.edu account, i.e. UDelNetID@udel.edu.
- Do not attempt to register using another mail domain such as NameID@deptname.udel.edu.
- Copy and paste the following Access Code: 561607
- Click Submit.
- Highlight and copy ALL the license file text from the browser window.
- Note: Be sure to include the last line: REGID OQF-JQ5-B20
- Switch back to the Origin 2016 - Enter License window and paste the license file text, then click OK.
Check for Origin Updates
- Check for updates by selecting Check for Updates… from the Origin Help menu. Download and install any available updates.
*Ctrl+C means to hold down the Ctrl
key while pressing the C