You may NOT use these licenses on personally-owned computers. Personal and home use of Office is covered by our Microsoft 365 for Education agreement. If you have questions about your eligibility for this program, contact the IT Support Center at 831-6000. The University of Delaware has an agreement with Microsoft to allow a selection of Microsoft software to be installed on all University-owned computers. Our Microsoft agreement includes:
- the Microsoft Enterprise Client Access License (CAL) Suite*.
- and licenses for Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 and Microsoft Office for Mac 2016.
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016
- Download Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 for Windows zip archive file from the links in the column on the right side of this page (either the 32-bit/x86 or 64-bit version).
- Keep the download page with the product key for Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 open in your browser so you can refer to it when activating the software below.
- Go to the Downloads folder on your computer (or wherever you chose to download it to) and double-click the Office archive file.
- Double-click the setup.exe application in the archive window to start the installation.
- You must activate the Microsoft Office 2016 Professional Plus software after installing the program (see below).
To activate Microsoft Office 2016:
- Open any Microsoft Office product (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Click on the "Open Other (Workbooks, Documents, Presentations)" icon in the left side column at the bottom of the "Recent" documents list.
- Click on "Account" in the left side column.
- Click "Change Product Key" in the Account window.
- Enter the key from step 2 above.
- Click install.