- The University of Delaware has a site license from Mathworks to allow a copy of Matlab to be placed on current faculty, staff, and all UD-owned computers at the University of Delaware.
- Using our version of Matlab requires a persistent network connection to the UD License servers.
- For off-campus access, you must use the UD VPN.
- If you require Matlab to run without an internet connection you must purchase a stand-alone copy from MathWorks.
- Review system requirements and platform roadmap before downloading.
- Students who wish to install Matlab on their personal computer must purchase a student edition copy from MathWorks.
- UD faculty and staff may install a network version of Matlab on UD-owned or their personally-owned computers.
- When you leave the University, you must remove your copy of the software from your personally owned computer, or replace it with Mathworks' commercial version. If you have questions about your eligibility for this program, contact the IT Help Center at 831-6000.
Installation documentation for Matlab 2019a
You will need to perform the following installation
tasks. An install guide is also included in the .zip file (install_guide.pdf.)
- Make sure to retain the File Installation Key (code) located on the download page. Download the software from the menu on the right.
- You must download the license.dat file separately.
- Run the installer.
- Double-click on the matlab_R2019a_win64.iso. This will mount the drive in the next available drive letter.
- Navigate to the mounted drive and double-click on the setup.exe icon in the extraction folder.
- Accept extraction defaults and allow the Visual C++ installer to proceed.
- Double-click on matlab_R2019a_imac64.dmg to open the disk image and double-click the InstallForMacOSX icon to begin the installation.
- Run the install file with root credentials.
- If doing so from a terminal window this command is: ./install or sudo ./install
- or if you are installing without a GUI installed then use: ./install -t or sudo ./install -t
- Select the installation method.
- Select Use a File Installation Key.
- Accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next >.
- Copy and paste the File Installation Key obtained with the download (listed as License Code).
- It is the code displayed at the bottom of the page opened for the Matlab download. Copy and paste it from there.
- Click Next >.
- Accept defaults on the following screens.
- Point to the license.dat file located in the extraction folder or where saved it to from the link on the right.
- Note: This is the UD-specific file.
- Select Install
- After installation,
- You may delete the downloaded and extracted files.
- To run Matlab, while off-campus run the VPN client.
- To run Matlab from a terminal window on Linux, put /usr/local/MATLAB/R2019a/bin in your PATH.
- To run Matlab from a terminal window on Mac, put /Applications/MATLAB_R2019a.app/bin in your PATH.