(personally owned faculty/staff) computers, you may install a network or single-machine copy of Maple.
- Use the same download for both and follow the corresponding installation documentation.
- We recommend a network installation for desktop and lab computers on the UD campus network, and a single-machine installation for laptops.
- If you are using the network version off-campus, you must register your computer for access to the license server while connected from each off-campus location before trying to use the software: License Server Access.
- Maple 18 is available for:
- Windows 64-bit
- Windows 32-bit
- Macintosh OSX
- Linux 64-bit
- Linux 32-bit
- Sun Solaris is no longer supported
- Make note of license server or stand alone serial number needed during for installation as shown on the download page.
- Why does Maple start up slowly when using McAfee Anti-Virus?If you are using McAfee Anti-Virus, consider excluding the Maple installation directory and all subfolders from McAfee scanning on read only.
- Open the VirusScan Console and Double-click on On-Access Scanner.
- Click on All Processes in the left pane and then the Exclusions tab.
- Click Add, browse to the MAPLE install directory, check Also exclude subfolders, and uncheck On write.
- Click OK until the McAfee On-Access Scanner window is closed.
- Exit the VirusScan Console