SPSS Statistics 26 Fixpack 2
will update your IBM SPSS Statistics 26.0 GA or IBM Statistics 26.0 Fixpack 1 to IBM SPSS Statistics 26.0 Fixpack 2. This fix is comprehensive with IBM SPSS Statistic 26.0 Fixpack 1 (macOS) and adds fixes to allow install on macOS 11.0 (Big Sur).
This Fix Pack provides important product corrections for IBM SPSS Statistics 26.0 GA or IBM Statistics 26.0 Fixpack 1 and allow install on macOS 11.0 (Big Sur)
Issues Corrected and Release Note(s): Fix List
SPSS Statistics on macOS Big Sur
Please refer to the community post SPSS Statistics on macOS Big Sur (11.0) for more information.
- Move any user files (such as data, output or other project related working files) out of the SPSS Statistics installation directory. When the Fix Pack is installed, all files in the installation directory will be overwritten.
- If you did not install SPSS Statistics version 26 or 26 Fix Pack 1 in the default directory (/Applications/IBM/SPSS/Statistics/26/), then you'll need to locate your existing license file and make a backup copy. You will need the license file after you install Fix Pack 2. The license file "lservrc" is stored in this sub-folder: %current install folder%/SPSSStatistics.app/Contents/bin.
- If your current version 26 was not installed to the default installation directory, uninstall it before installing Fix Pack 2.
- Download and save the Statistics 126.96.36.199 Fix Pack to your local hard drive (see link below).
- Close SPSS Statistics (if running).
- Execute the Statistics 188.8.131.52 Fix Pack installer from the downloaded .pkg file.
- To install Fix Pack 2 on macOS Big Sur, right-click the .PKG file and select "Open".
- For macOS Catalina or prior macOS versions, simply double-click the .PKG file to start the installation.
- If SPSS Statistics 26 is not installed in the default folder, uninstall it before proceeding (make sure you have a backup of the lservrc file first as mentioned above).
- After the installation, SPSS will try to run the License Authorization Wizard. If you have your original version 26 authorization codes, you can proceed and enter them and activate your application.
- If you do not have your authorization codes, close the License Authorization Wizard and manually copy the backup license file (lservrc) to the folder: /Applications/IBM/SPSS/Statistics/26/SPSSStatistics.app/Contents/bin/.
- Restart SPSS Statistics after copying the file.
Download the Fix Pack 2
for SPSS Statistics Premium 26
from the column on the right of this page.