Installing IBM SPSS Statistics for Windows at the University of Delaware
Each installation requires a unique IBM SPSS Statistics license authorization code for 2015-2016.
Installing the IBM SPSS UD Premium Package (YOU MUST HAVE ADMINISTRATIVE PRIVILEGES ON THE COMPUTER.)
- Uninstall previous SPSS full versions. (It is OK to leave the optional SPSS SmartViewer 15 for .spo files.)
- Download the SPSS software and patch files (if available) at the UDeploy site.
- Double-click the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
- Accept the defaults in all installation windows that appear except for the windows described in steps 5-10.
- InstallShield Wizard window: Leave Authorized User license option selected.
- License Agreement: accept the license terms and click Next.
- Customer Information window: type the following into the form
- User Name: Full name of the UD faculty/staff member to whom this copy is licensed
- Organization: University of Delaware
- License IBM SPSS Statistics window (appears after a lengthy installation process): UNCHECK the Click Here to register…. box at the bottom and click OK.
- You may select JAWS if needed
- You may choose to install Essentials for Python if you intend to use that software.
- Product Authorization window: click Next in order to License my product now.
- Enter Codes window: Type your license authorization code: 20-character code on confirmation email
- Install Wizard Completed window: click OK. Then restart Windows.