Installing IBM SPSS Statistics 24 for Macintosh at the University of Delaware
Each installation requires a unique IBM SPSS Statistics license authorization code for the current academic year.
Installing the IBM SPSS Statistics Premium Package (YOU MUST HAVE ADMINISTRATIVE PRIVILEGES ON THE COMPUTER.)
- Uninstall all previous UD-licensed SPSS full versions found in the Applications/IBM or Applications/SPSSInc folders by dragging the folder to the trash.
- Download the IBM SPSS Statistics for Macintosh software and patch files from the UDeploy site.
- Double-click on the file SPSS_Statistics_24_mac.dmg, in Downloads, then on SPSS_Statistics_Installer.
- Accept the defaults in all installation windows that appear except for the windows described in steps 5-6.
- You may choose to install Essentials for Python if you intend to use that software.
- License Agreement: accept both the the license terms pages and click Next.
- Licensing SPSS
- The installer will close and a new window will open. Select License Product under “Already Purchaced IBM SPSS Statistics?”
- The licensing wizard will now open, select Next on the License Status page.
- On the Product Authorization window, leave the Authorized Use license option selected, do not select the Concurrent User License, then select Next.
- Enter Codes window: Type your license authorization code: 20-character code on confirmation email
- Finished window: click OK.
- (Not sure about the next one…never asked for that)
- Customer Information window: type the following into the form.
- User Name: Full name of the UD faculty/staff member to whom this copy is licensed
- Organization: University of Delaware