The University of Delaware has a campus-wide license for the graphics and data analysis program Origin for Microsoft Windows (32 and 64-bit) systems. The software may be downloaded and used by UD undergraduates, graduate students, faculty and staff for research and instructional purposes only. It may be installed on UD-owned and personally owned systems. By downloading Origin Software, you agree to use the Origin software for instructional and research use only and that you will not distribute Origin to others.
- Download and open Origin2017Sr0No_H.exe
- If prompted, select Run and accept any security warnings. You may need to select Run a second time.
- On the Origin Setup Screen, select Next then Yes to accept the License Agreement.
- Leave Install Product (requires serial number) selected, then select Next.
- Enter Customer Information, type the following information:
- User Name: Your full name.
- Company Name: University of Delaware.
- Serial Number: Copy from download page
- Confirm registration by selecting Next.
- Select the remainder of the default choices, including the one that will start Origin 2016 as Administrator and license it.
- Register for a product key
- Click this link to the Product Key Request page to get a Product Key.
- Register an account using your University of Delaware e-mail account (i.e. email@example.com)
- On the registration page, click the Request button and an email containing a Product Key will be sent to you.
- Run Origin
- Use the Product Key you receive via e-mail to activate Origin using the dialog box which opens automatically.
Check for Origin Updates
- Check for updates by selecting Check for Updates… from the Origin Help menu. Download and install any available updates.
*Ctrl+C means to hold down the Ctrl
key while pressing the C