Our Oracle license agreement allows the software to be installed on University-owned computers only. If you have questions about your eligibility for this program, contact the IT Support Center at 831-6000.
The current version of the product is Oracle 12C.
Download and installation instructions:
Please note: you must run the installer with an account that has administrative privileges on the computer.
- Download the Oracle 12C 64-bit Client (oracle-winx64_12102_client.zip).
- Right click the oracle-winx64_12102_client.zip, and choose Extract All from the drop down menu.
- Accept the default extraction location, or click Browse to choose a location of your choice. Leave the Show extracted files when complete box checked. Click Extract.
- After the files have finished extracting, navigate to oracle-winx64_12102_client - client folder, and run setup.exe. The installer program may take a few minutes to load.
- When prompted to select the installation type, choose the Runtime, and click Next
- Verify that English is listed in the Selected languages windows, and click Next.
- On the Oracle Home User Selection screen, choose Use Windows Built-in Account.
- Click the Next button.
- Click Next to accept the default installation location.
- The installer will verify that your computer has the required prerequisites for the installation. Verify that the Install Type is set to Runtime, and choose Edit to change the Install Type to Runtime if it has been set to something else.
- Click the Install button.
- You may see a Window Security alert regarding Java. We recommend that you check the box that says Private networks, such as my home or work network, and that you leave the other checkbox (Public networks) blank.
- When you have done this, click the Allow access button.
- You should see a message that the installation was successful. Click the Close button..