These Microsoft product licenses are for installation on all University-owned computers ONLY. You may NOT use these licenses on personally-owned computers. Personal and home use of Office is covered by our Microsoft 365 for Education agreement. If you have questions about your eligibility for this program, contact the IT Support Center at 831-6000.
The University of Delaware has an agreement with Microsoft to allow a selection of Microsoft software to be installed on all University-owned computers. Our Microsoft agreement includes:
- the Microsoft Enterprise Client Access License (CAL) Suite*.
- and licenses for Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 and Microsoft Office for Mac 2011.
*Call the IT Support Center for download access to these. Detailed information about the software and our licensing agreement can be found on our Microsoft Volume Licensing Enrollment for Education Solutions page.
The files for both versions of Microsoft Office are very large files. Downloading can take over 20 minutes from an off-campus connection. Do not try to install the software over a dial-up connection.
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013
- Download Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 for Windows installer (either the 32-bit/x86 or 64-bit version).
- Obtain the key for Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 on the download page.
- You must activate the Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus software after installing the program (see below).
- Open any Microsoft Office product (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Click on the "Open Other (Workbooks, Documents, Presentations)" icon in the left side column at the bottom of the "Recent" documents list.
- Click on "Account" in the left side column.
- Click "Change Product Key" in the Account window.
- Enter the key from step 2 above.
- Click install.