- The University of Delaware has a site license from Mathworks to allow a copy of Matlab to be placed on current faculty, staff and all UD-owned computers at the University of Delaware.
- Using our version of Matlab requires a persistent network connection to the UD License servers.
- For off-campus access use the UD VPN.
- If you require Matlab to run without an internet connection you must purchase a stand-alone copy from MathWorks.
- Review system requirements and platform road map before downloading.
- Students who wish to install Matlab on their personal computer must purchase a student edition copy from MathWorks.
- UD faculty and staff may install a network version of Matlab on UD-owned or their personally-owned computers.
- When you leave the University, you must remove your copy of the software from your personally owned computer, or replace it with Mathworks' commercial version. If you have questions about your eligibility for this program, contact the IT Help Center at 831-6000.
Installation documentation for Matlab 2015a
You will need to perform the following installation
tasks. An install guide is also included in the .zip file (install_guide.pdf.)
- Note: Make sure to retain the File Installation Key (code) located on the download page. Download the software from the menu on the right.
- Run the installer, paying attention to the location of the extraction folder.
- Double-click on the R2015a_winXX.zip that was downloaded above and extract all files into an extraction folder of your choosing.
- Double-click on the setup.exe icon.
- Accept extraction defaults and allow the Visual C++ installer to proceed.
- Expand R2015a_imac64.tar.gz to the extraction folder (R2015a-maci64 located in Downloads).
- Open the extraction folder and double-click the InstallForMacOSX icon to begin the installation.
- Mount R2015a_glnxa64.iso downloaded as described above.
- Run the install file from the extraction folder with root credentials
- If doing so from a terminal window this command is: ./install or sudo ./install
- or if you are installing without a GUI installed then use: ./install -t or sudo ./install -t
- Select Install without using the Internet and then click Next.
- Accept the license agreement and then click Next.
- Provide the File Installation Key.
- Select I have the File Installation Key for my license
- Copy and paste the File Installation Key obtained with the download.
- It is the code displayed at the bottom of the page opened for the Matlab download. Copy and paste it from there.
- Accept defaults on the following screens
- Point to the license.dat file located in the extraction folder (Win/Mac) or click on the right to download (linux)
- Note: This is the UD specific file.
- Select Install
- After installation, you may delete the downloaded .zip file ( or .gz file) and the extraction folder.
- To run Matlab while off-campus use the UD VPN.
- To run Matlab from a terminal window on Linux, put /usr/local/MATLAB/R2015a/bin in your PATH.
- To run Matlab from a terminal window on Mac, put /Applications/MATLAB_R2015a.app/bin in your PATH.