OverviewThe University of Delaware licenses modules of the IBM SPSS Statistics software suite. Annual licenses may be purchased through the online web form Request for Services - IT Software Licenses. Licenses run July 1 through June 30 and the cost per license is the same throughout the year, regardless of when purchased. That means that no partial-year credit is available.
- You may purchase IBM SPSS licenses for UD departmental, faculty and staff systems. The licenses must be installed on UD-owned or maintained systems, or systems personally owned by UD faculty, post-docs and staff.
- Students, including those hired as graduate teaching assistants or graduate research assistants are not eligible to license these copies for their personally-owned systems. Students must purchase or lease copies for their personally owned systems directly from software resellers (e.g., http://www.onthehub.com/spss/).
- When you leave the University, you must remove your copy of the software from your personally owned computer, or replace it with IBM SPSS Statistics commercial version. If you have questions about eligibility/licensing for this program, contact the IT Support Center at 831-6000.
- You may download and install IBM SPSS Statistics if you have already purchased an annual license from UD's Information Technologies.
The following packages are available:
- SPSS Statistics Premium: This edition includes: IBM SPSS Statistics Base, IBM SPSS Advanced Statistics, IBM SPSS Bootstrapping, IBM SPSS Categories, IBM SPSS Complex Samples, IBM SPSS Conjoint, IBM SPSS Custom Tables, IBM SPSS Data Preparation, IBM SPSS Decision Trees, IBM SPSS Direct Marketing, IBM SPSS Exact Tests, IBM SPSS Forecasting, IBM SPSS Missing Values, IBM SPSS Neural Networks and IBM SPSS Regression. A spec sheet that lists all capabilities of SPSS Statistics Premium can be found here.
- SPSS Amos: a module that enables you to specify, estimate, assess and present models to show hypothesized relationships among variables
- Individual license codes are sent to the licensee-of-record when an order is placed through the online form Request for Service - IT Software Licenses. The downloadable installation instructions below describe the proper choices to make during the installation process.
Renewing your SPSS License
If your SPSS license is about to expire or has expired you must enter a new license code (after purchase, see above) by running the IBM SPSS Statistics License Activation Wizard. Follow the instructions here: Using the SPSS License Activation Wizard.
Installation and updates
IBM SPSS v24 Statistics Premium:Detailed installation instructions: Click Here
- Uninstall previous versions of IBM SPSS Statistics
- Be patient: There may be a significant lag between running the installer and the initial installation pages and SPSS may load slowly.
- Select Authorized User License for single use codes.
- Enter the Full Name of the Licensee for User Name, and University of Delaware for Organization.
- Locate the e-mail you received containing your IBM SPSS Statistics license authorization codes.
- IBM SPSS Statistics v24 Fix Pack 1 is available as of November 1, 2016
- Download the appropriate Fix Pack from the menu to the right
- Fix Pack installation instructions: Click Here
IBM SPSS v24 Amos:Detailed installation Instructions:
Downloading Software and ManualsSoftware Downloads for the software are shown on the menu to the right for the titles below.
IBM SPSS Statistics - Available for:
- Windows 32-bit
- Windows 64-bit
- Mac OSX