Installing IBM SPSS Statistics Premium at the University of Delaware
Each installation requires a unique IBM SPSS Statistics license authorization code for the current academic year.
Installing the IBM SPSS UD Premium Package
Note: YOU MUST HAVE ADMINISTRATIVE PRIVILEGES ON THE COMPUTER.
- Uninstall previous SPSS full versions. (It is OK to leave the optional SPSS SmartViewer 15 for .spo files.)
- On Windows, use Programs and Features in the control panel.
- On Macintosh, uninstall all previous UD-licensed SPSS full versions found in the Applications/IBM or Applications/SPSSInc folders by dragging the folder to the trash.
- Download the SPSS software and patch files (if available) at the UDeploy site.
- Run downloaded file to begin the installation process.
- On Windows, double-click on SPSS_Statistics_24_win64.exe or SPSS_Statistics_24_win32.exe
- On Macintosh double-click on the file SPSS_Statistics_24_mac.dmg in Downloads, then on SPSS_Statistics_Installer.
- Accept the defaults in all installation windows that appear except for the windows described in steps 5-7.
- License Agreement: accept the license terms and click Next.
- You may choose to install Essentials for Python if you intend to use that software.
- License Agreements: accept the license terms on both pages and click Next.
- After the install completes, select Finish.
- License SPSS
- A new window will appear in the IBM SPSS Statistics Window, select License Product under “Already purchased IBM SPSS Statistics?”
- In the License Status window, select Next.
- In the Product Authorization window, Leave Authorized User license option selected.
- In the Enter Codes window, enter your license authorization code: 20-character code on confirmation email, then select “Next”
- After the authorization completes, click Next and then Finish to complete the licensing process.
- You may now run SPSS Statistics 24.